Simetric Unveils New Corporate Brand; Announces Funding and Expansion of Board of Directors and Leadership Team
Simetric®, a leading IoT lifecycle management platform that unifies connectivity and device management, today announced that it will extend its flagship platform name, Simetric, to its corporate brand. Simetric is also announcing new funding and the addition of seasoned industry executives to both the leadership team and board of directors.
The new branding means that the company will cease to use its former corporate name, Connected Analytics, and is immediately rebranded as Simetric, Inc. “The global IoT market is quickly scaling into billions upon billions of cellular connections,” said Allen Boone, CEO and co-founder of Simetric. “We’ve built this solution by working side-by-side with our customers and listening to their daily struggles to get visibility and control of their IoT data. Our rebrand is a reflection of this collaboration with customers and demonstrates how Simetric is evolving to meet the ever-growing needs of this market.”
Simetric raised a seed round of funding that will be used to execute the broadened go-to-market plan that is based on validation with customers over the past several months. Ocean Azul Partners, an early stage venture capital company, participated in the seed funding and Alex Tellez, Managing Director at Ocean Azul, joined the Simetric board in March of this year. Ross Brown, Vice President, Cloud GTM at Oracle, joined the Simetric board in May 2019. Brown has held past global executive positions at Microsoft and VMware.
Additionally, Simetric has expanded its executive leadership team with three seasoned industry executives. They include Kevin Bandy, Chief Strategy Officer, and President; Sanjay Srivastava, Chief Technology Officer; and Melody Brown, Chief Revenue Officer.
- Bandy most recently served as Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer at Cisco Systems, Inc. He has also held executive and advisory roles at companies including Salesforce, Accenture and IBM.
- Srivastava has a diverse 25-year background in financial systems, reporting and analytics, business process automation, enterprise architecture and product management with Microsoft and a number of other leading technology firms.
- Brown brings 22 years of proven sales and marketing leadership experience, from startups to Fortune 100 companies, to the Simetric team. She has led transformative sales teams, including serving as SVP Sales at PayScale, where she led the strategic restructuring of sales resulting in 4x growth.
“We are impressed by the deep bench of talent Simetric has assembled to deliver their real-time platform,” said Jason Ashton, President, CallPass. “We’re seeing the immense value in getting visibility into our IoT data like we’ve never had before, which allows us to automate critical business processes driving efficiencies and savings. It’s truly game-changing.”
- Allen Boone – CEO and co-founder Simetric
- Kevin Bandy – Chief Strategy Officer and President Simetric
- Robert Bruckner – Chief Operating Officer and co-founder Simetric
- Ross Brown – VP Cloud GTM Oracle (external member)
- Alex Tellez – Managing Director, Ocean Azul Partners (external member)
5G and Growth of IoT Bring Explosion of Information
By 2027, it has been projected that more than 41 billion IoT devices will be connected to the internet, generating 800 zettabytes of information. That amount of information is impossible to manage by humans alone. The rapid growth of 5G is requiring companies to invest in platforms that are highly extensible and analytical to help them manage their data and control their costs. Enterprises, IT VARs, System Integrators, Cellular Operators and Network Device providers all are actively responding to the immediate opportunities emerging with 5G and IoT. To learn more about Simetric, visit: https://simetric.com/
Simetric® is a holistic lifecycle management platform that simplifies complex data streams from large-scale, connected devices into a single-pane format you can access, understand, and act on with ease. This ability to unify connectivity and device management positions you perfectly to manage efficiently, while taking advantage of all 5G has to offer. For more information, please visit www.simetric.com.